Though it is hard to believe, this is the paddle used on students’ buttocks by teachers in USA, entirely legally. But in April 2011, the state of New Mexico passed a law banning corporal punishment in schools, and now only 19 states hold on to this archaic practice (I suppose you’d call it the ‘no child’s behind left’ policy?). This is fantastic news, even if obscenely late in human history. USA is one of only two developed democracies that do not have a national ban on schoolteachers hitting children. Can you guess which is the other nation?
Get notified of new postsPlease enter your email address if you wish to be informed whenever there's a new post. We respect your privacy, and will never share your email address.
- Online practitioner training: ‘Inner Child Journeys’
- Seychelles prohibits all corporal punishment of children!
- Social and Global Activism – starting from our Inner Child …
- Inner Child Journeys – Online Training for Practitioners
- New Webinar: Inner Child Journeys – for parents, teachers, elders, carers