Just because it is ancient does not mean it is good. Just because it is cultural does not mean it is healthy or that we have to tolerate it. So when the government of Nigeria, one of the world’s largest female mutilators lifts human rights higher than culture, this is a time to rejoice. Child genital mutilation is a hallmark of patriarchal, warlike custom. And although policing and enforcing this new ruling will be sketchy, national disapproval makes a difference. Old patriarchal structures disappeared just a little bit more, with this new ruling. The whole world will feel the ripples, the whole world just moved just a little bit closer to peace.
Get notified of new postsPlease enter your email address if you wish to be informed whenever there's a new post. We respect your privacy, and will never share your email address.
- Online practitioner training: ‘Inner Child Journeys’
- Seychelles prohibits all corporal punishment of children!
- Social and Global Activism – starting from our Inner Child …
- Inner Child Journeys – Online Training for Practitioners
- New Webinar: Inner Child Journeys – for parents, teachers, elders, carers